Most landlords want it both ways: They want their tenants to stay long-term, pay on time, and take care of their property. Yet too many avoid needed maintenance in order to save money. The fact is, tenants stay, pay and are more careful with a well-maintained property. They respect the property when they see that you do, too. Take it from the nationwide leader: no matter how ideal the tenants, appliances break, systems wear out, and little things will need attention. But here’s the good news—you can maintain your rental property more cost effectively. Here are the five ways Real Property Management helps clients maintain their property for less:
- First, PREPARE the property between tenants to take care of all safety and health issues. As the property owner, it is your responsibility to meet basic habitability standards and codes so you protect yourself from fees and lawsuits. Plus, a clean, well-maintained home with good “curb appeal” rents more quickly.
- Second, PLAN for maintenance costs—it’s simply part of owning rental property. On average, property owners will need to set aside 1-2 months’ rent per year to allow for ongoing routine maintenance and make-ready costs when tenants move out, even more if the home is older.
- Third, CHECK proactively to catch problems that can become more expensive if left too long. Seasonal maintenance and regular property inspections—inside and out—help you solve small problems before they escalate.
- Fourth, RESPOND promptly when maintenance is required. It reduces risk and liability, plus your tenants will feel valued when you respond to their needs. Tenants get frustrated quickly when they have a hard time making contact with you, which can lead to expensive tenant turnover.
- Finally, SAVE even more by relying on the property management leader for preferred pricing and national discounts on the service, appliances and materials needed for all your required repairs and remodeling.
These five simple steps [PREPARE, PLAN, CHECK, RESPOND, SAVE] really can help you get the best of both worlds… happy tenants that stay and pay, and a more cost-effective maintenance bill. With almost 30 years of experience, we at Real Property Management have streamlined the maintenance process to reduce costs, ensure quality, and continually communicate with you, the property owner. That’s why we’re the clear choice of thousands of homeowners like you nationwide. Put our experienced team and proven process to work for you. Call Real Property Management West San Fernando Valley at 818.727.0100 today!
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.